View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 02:57 PM   #105
coronatiger

Default Session 26 (2019-10-12)

Thoughts on March 7th

We weren’t in the position to send Lady Karita’s corpse back to her family, but we could gather up a few personal belongings before burying her. I asked Olivia to search Lady Karita’s body while the rest of us went through her packs. She discovered a necklace with a key and Lady Karita’s signet ring. The key got us into her private chest, where Va’lyndra discovered her will, which specified which items should be returned to her family: Certain jewelry items, including her signet ring, and a book full of notes we couldn’t read. If Va’lyndra wants to decipher the book, that’s fine, but I’m not the slightest bit curious, and didn’t feel like invading her privacy.

Ilzo found a ball gown and wondered what that otherworldly garment could be. Va’lyndra gave a poor explanation. I fondly recalled when I was living with Duke Leonard; he gave me such dresses to wear at the finest galas. Nowadays, I wouldn’t presume to wear their like. It wouldn’t be well received. Dressing up to attend nobles is one thing. Dressing like a noble is something else.

In the chest, Lady Karita kept her collection of herbs, and I suggested we bury her with them, as we didn’t know what they are, and had no idea how to use them. Va’lyndra and Ilzo wanted to keep the herbs; Ilzo even went so far as to sniff them. I didn’t press the issue.

I called dibs on Marvin, Lady Karita’s brown stallion. As much as I love Lightfoot, Marvin is both stronger and faster. Va’lyndra checked the horse and demanded I feed him, to see if he would approve of me. Marvin ate from my hand, so the elf accepted my claim on him.

Ilzo dug a grave, and we buried Lady Karita in a small copse of trees. Va’lyndra spoke the words of an elvish ritual, and Ilzo proclaimed that Lady Karita died honorably in battle. A lump in my throat prevented me from speaking, but if she could hear my friends’ words, Lady Karita could hear my thoughts too: “Lady Ioanna Karita Kraven Morgenstern of House Verdel, you will be sorely missed.”

Thoughts on March 8th

We had given our prisoner a rough treatment, and Olivia voiced a concern about his health. He needed to survive until we could hand him over to the Sidel family in Urdon. Where he most likely would be executed. Va’lyndra force-fed him three healing potions. That should suffice.

Thoughts on March 9th

Va’lyndra still took the time to hide our tracks on occasion, and travel was much slower here than on the road. Whenever we ungagged the prisoner, he asked questions, about who we were, where we were going and so on. I tried to ignore him. At least he wasn’t shouting.

Thoughts on March 10th

I tried acrobatics on Marvin’s saddle for the first time, today. It went well. I considered removing the blindfold from Vice-Captain Vidkun, just to have another spectator, but I decided against it.

Thoughts on March 11th

Va’lyndra had trouble sleeping last night. She was fully operational today, though, and led the way west. Going around villages and farms, instead of following the road through, takes time, and we’re still several days away from the Bewitched Forest.

Thoughts on March 12th

No rest for the wicked, or so the saying goes. Olivia and I slept like babies, Va’lyndra not so much. I wondered if there was a deeper meaning to it. We made decent progress, though.

Thoughts on March 13th

Va’lyndra still has trouble sleeping. I’m starting to worry. Hopefully a full day of travel has exhausted her so much she can sleep again.

Thoughts on March 14th

Still no sleep for our elven companion. I guess she gets a little rest, even while tossing and turning in her tent. She still led us west, but she’s noticeably less alert.

Thoughts on March 15th

Va’lyndra is going to crash soon, if she doesn’t sleep. This can’t be healthy. She refused taking a healing potion, claiming it wouldn’t work. Ilzo suggested whacking her in the head and knocking her unconscious. If Va’lyndra hadn’t looked so fragile, I might have let him. On a positive note, we entered the Bewitched Forest, and our captive has been behaving himself. I think he’s listening to our conversations. I hope we don’t say anything he can sell to the Sidels in exchange for lenience. Considering what he did, we would have to blurt out something truly damning. I decided to try to watch my mouth.

Character sheet: Google Drive link (See this thread for details.)

Campaign logs: Chaotic Pioneering / Confessions of a Forked Tongue
coronatiger is online now   Reply With Quote