View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 05:30 AM   #101
bocephus

Default Re: Campaign Log: Chaotic Pioneering

I just wanted to post a reply after having sit down to binge read your story.

Well done. Its not often enough that GMs or players get to see adventure logs from the perspective of the PCs. Or that a player takes the time to write in character observations like this.

My only negative, not of your writing, but the choice of disadvantage specific to your character makes this inappropriate/difficult to pass to my younger players (I have a 13 and 14 yr old in the group) that could very much use something like this to help with roleplaying. This is not a criticism of your role play and please do not change your writing style (or character at all regarding this) I am enjoying the journal and look forward to more.

I am also interested in the other chars, and really like how you have made an effort to write about them from your chars perspective and tried to leave out "Meta info" as it were. Perhaps you could encourage them to write a bit as well, something simple like "Letter home" maybe... so it wouldnt have to be a full on journal?

I have taken some samples of your journal and adjusted them a bit for my younger audience to try and get them to figure out what some of your advantages and disadvantages are, and see how you have translated them to roleplay.

Please continue to write, and I look forward to your characters growth.
bocephus is offline   Reply With Quote