View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 12:28 AM   #58
doulos05

Default Re: [OOC] The Voyages of "The Hiawatha" [Hero Class] : GURPS Traveller

I'm submitting this for inspection by the crew and GM:

I've got two trains of thought for the steward. 1 is a semi-regular businessman who is caught up in (what appears to be, anyway) a crew of crazies. His incompetence:Guns makes sense and I'll scale the martial arts way back (a single school, but fairly deep into said school, with a focus on the 'flashier', but less effective techniques used in kata demonstrations rather than raw, killing power). He probably wouldn't hit the disad limit and he'd definitely be far more sane than my captain.

The second option is a deep undercover operative with trading as his cover. He'd have a big secret in his disads as well as a Duty should the war come up (which could draw the crew into some interesting adventures...). His martial arts would be less flashy and more a mix of a variety of schools intended to maximize pain in a minimal amount of time. He'd still have incompetence:Guns. I wanted to play him this way at first, but the idea of a normal guy with a relatively mundane background kinda strikes me a fun given eccentricity of the current crew list.
doulos05 is offline   Reply With Quote