View Single Post
Old 02-29-2020, 06:46 AM   #3
Varyon

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy with a ton of House Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
2) Do you think I should base my templates on DF or DFRPG?
Given that you're getting fairly in-depth, I suspect DF will get you more mileage, but I don't have DFRPG to compare.

Quote:
3) Do you have any thoughts on how to do the templates?
Given you want [150] for starting characters, I'd suggest using the standard Henchmen from DF15 with an extra [25], or possibly Bargain Henchmen with [88] lenses to get them up to the [150] level. Given you're changing the magic system, building mages as Bargain Henchmen with an [88] "mage" lens of some flavor may be worthwhile.

Quote:
4) IQ loses a lot of utility with Charisma and Psyche... should the cost be adjusted down?
Certainly. [10] is likely appropriate, although unless your DF campaigns involve a lot of intellectual challenges, [5] may well be appropriate. I mean, you've stripped Per, Will, magic use, and social uses of IQ out.

Note this does kind of leave DX as the odd man out, being the only trait worth [20]. If you wanted to divide DX up into Dexterity (DEX) [10] and Agility (AGI) [10], with the former covering the same ground as High Manual Dexterity as well as ranged combat, and the latter covering the rest of RAW DX, that might be an option (although honestly, that seems a little unbalanced in AGI's favor).