View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 07:52 AM   #5
Fufu

Default Re: Critical role Munchkin card/rule queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by eedee View Post
Regarding number 3, does bad stuff work differently than curses?

If it was a curse: lose a guest star/headgear/hireling/big item/whatever, wouldn't it have to go from the ones you have in play?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganskelei View Post
PS - eedee makes an interesting point, I'd like to see a 'ruling' on that too?

EDIT: just found this link: http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=131943

Which states that cards in your hand only exist as 'cards', not items, headgear, guest stars, etc etc. Which would suggest #3 must only apply to guest stars in play.
It seems to me that the belief is cards are just cards in Your Hand until it is In Play. Cards in Your Hand are never targeted unless the card or rule says so. Therefore, this thread from MunchkinMan and Andrew Hackard is clarification of what cards are discarded In Play or Your Hand when a player is effected by a Curse!, Bad Stuff, etc.

Discards from Curses

However, could a player lose a Guest Star from Your Hand to negate the Bad Stuff like Death?

I would imagine that since the rules state a player can play a Guest Star at any time, I would say yes the Guest Star from Your Hand comes In Play, if the player does not already have a Guest Star In Play to satisfy the Bad Stuff. Otherwise, if the player has a Guest Star In Play, the player suffering the Bad Stuff must sacrifice the Guest Star In Play first and not a Guest Star from Your Hand since two Guest Stars cannot be In Play at the same time.

Although one could argue order of operation, yet putting a Guest Star In Play would satisfy the order of operation if a Guest Star was not already In Play to discard the Guest Star from Your Hand. Therefore, Devin Lewis' answer would be correct, if there isn't a Guest Star already In Play.

Munchkin Critical Role Rules (PDF)

Thus the answer from Discards from Curses:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
Or for a shorter and FAR more comprehensible answer:

Curses, Traps, and Bad Stuff never target cards in your hand unless they say so.

Last edited by Fufu; 05-11-2021 at 08:44 AM. Reason: added Munchkin Critical Role Rules (PDF) url
Fufu is offline   Reply With Quote