View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 10:07 AM   #30
Otaku

Default Re: [Basic] Skill of the week: Administration

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
That's pretty much how I feel about it.

The last thing I'd want to do is inhibit someone with something they want to chew over from starting a thread.
If that is how you wish to approach it, go ahead; I'll just re-affirm the counterargument that:
  • I didn't even realize this was a standard schedule.
  • Not everything will have the same time requirements for discussion.
  • Some of us will be going somewhere before we get done and thus may not be able to participate even if we would have wanted to.

I would maybe set a minimum time threshold, but if a thread dies down for say two or three days with no new posts, go ahead and make the next one. If a thread goes long... go ahead and make the next one; it really isn't that great a burden to have two or three of these active at once. If we get like five of them that are "hot" with dozens of replies each day, then I wouldn't start another thread until at least one of the existing dies down. YMMV, so feel free to select numbers/guidelines you deem appropriate.
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote