View Single Post
Old 03-28-2023, 01:24 PM   #465
TGLS

Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"Interesting." He notes something down. As he leaves, he gives Julian a card with Julian's face on it. "This is your ID card. Its a temporary identity, keyed to your records."
Temporary... Sounds about the same as I feel today.

I have an odd feeling that like the orbital colony executive from Peter's story, the advocate's probably leaning towards thinking Julian's some kind of bioroid too. Possibly more so given the lack of of memories relating to a normal family life.

Quote:
The screen seems to be locked to only give things designed for younger children... but its full of medical explanations. Mental illness is very much more physical here, especially when it comes to hallucinations. Most people who report hallucinations that can't be detected are considered to be making things up.
I guess people still are people and make things up to feel special in any century.

Quote:
There is a small note about Starpus:

"Starpus do speak to Astropics by voices only other Astropics can hear. However, other Astropics will all hear the same voices, and Astropic brain development is well understood and tested for. Astropics find out their identity via medical tests, not by hearing the Starpus."
I pause after reading it... Maybe this is related to being Vasic? I did wake up amongst a bunch of Starpus... I suppose there's nothing to worry about if it's notable enough to be written on the web. Can I look up anything about Astropics? Sticking out has always worked out so well for me before. Maybe I was already tested and it's out of my hands. Can I find out any details about the Astropic test? Did I take it by chance?

Or maybe experiencing falling to his death messed Julian up and he's about to be given the treatment he needs.

Last edited by TGLS; 03-28-2023 at 10:59 PM.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote