View Single Post
Old 03-28-2023, 09:54 AM   #464
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"I had carers. I grew up in an orphanage. There were lots of children there."
"Interesting." He notes something down. As he leaves, he gives Julian a card with Julian's face on it. "This is your ID card. Its a temporary identity, keyed to your records."

Quote:

I try to figure this thing out, and search, "Hearing things no one else hears" and "How are mental illnesses diagnosed". Maybe it's more physical in the future, and saying crazy things won't get me declared insane...
The screen seems to be locked to only give things designed for younger children... but its full of medical explanations. Mental illness is very much more physical here, especially when it comes to hallucinations. Most people who report hallucinations that can't be detected are considered to be making things up. There is a small note about Starpus:

"Starpus do speak to Astropics by voices only other Astropics can hear. However, other Astropics will all hear the same voices, and Astropic brain development is well understood and tested for. Astropics find out their indentity via medical tests, not by hearing the Starpus."

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote