View Single Post
Old 07-08-2022, 04:39 PM   #22
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Default Re: New Shopify Store!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company View Post
A search or sort by title rather than date would be more useful. I may be pretty sure I bought GURPS Haberdashery 2: Beaver Felt, but have no idea when I bought it. A title-centric organization will let me jump to the right spot in the list to find it or just as quickly reveal that I never bought it.

(Now, a date-centric search would probably be more useful when it comes to handling issues with orders, but Warehouse 23 has to function as both an ordering/customer service system and a library, which are not necessarily served by the same kinds of organization).
This. The first thing I noticed when I logged in was "where is the place I look for ALL my books, sorted by title??" Aka: https://www.warehouse23.com/account/downloads -- having to look for things by-date-purchased will make me *scream* when I'm trying to grab something onto my phone or ipad or a different computer... (I have two computers I use semi-frequently, one that I use rarely, and one that I may use in the future. Yes, my Apple ID is full of computers.)

I also miss the functionality of "you already own this" notations! (A button for "you own this; view/download now" on the page itself might help slightly with the "sort by title" issue, but...) Without an indication of prior ownership, I would also be concerned that there will be a lot of "yoinked income" issues where people discover they did purchase something previously and request reimbursement for the duplicate file. (Which will also become a Customer Support issue.)

I have not tried to double-purchase something yet to see if the code will stop me, because I'm a little short on funds right now -- but from a customer experience standpoint, that's not a great place to find out that you already own something.