View Single Post
Old 01-31-2023, 08:07 AM   #5
Silverblade

Default Re: GCA, Alternate Form and limitations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armin View Post
I don't really see a GCA question here, this looks like a question about how to handle this in GURPS.
It's both, really, which is why I posted it in GURPS originally. :)

But since you're the guy who made it: I would like to have the Alternate Form stats printed somewhere on the Character sheet, not just "Alternate Form: Demon (270 points)" but with all the traits listed like in GURPS books, like "Body of Air" in Basic Set - a small paragraph of all the Advantages/Disadvantages next to the "Alternate Form" Entry in GCA (or rather, the printout/pdf of the character sheet).

I read on here the best way to do it would be to create a new character with all the traits and save that as a template - but I'm not sure what to do then. I need to load this template as a Data file? And then just add an alternate form advantage with that template? Would GCA then print all the contained traits next to Alternate form?

I also didn't get the added Super ST to work (so, the AF adds some Super ST, which the base form does not have). GCA usually prints another stat block with a Super ST damage listing, but in this case it only prints some kid of default value (thr 1d-3, sw 1d-2, and so on). I tried creating a character with the "full" Super ST, going to the full edit -> advanced tab, and copy the damage values there - but I guess GCA recalculates those values when I click "OK", since the result is the same.

What I did for the alternate form was that I added a "Parent Item" and just listed all the traits under it, and renamed the parent item "Alternate Form (Demon)" - which it really isn't. :)

In the meantime I figured out how to add the Temporary Disadvantage limitation on the advantages in GCA - I'm just not sure if I did it right, since I *think* only one advantages in the bundle can get the temporary disadvantage limitation, but this again is more like a general GURPS question. :)

Anyway, I enjoy GCA a lot, the kind of characters I like to build would be a nightmare to do manually/on paper. So thanks. :)
Silverblade is offline   Reply With Quote