View Single Post
Old 08-14-2021, 12:51 AM   #861
Hide

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
(...) (1) Inform our subverted officers (...) (2) Get more scalpels? (Do I have enough to arm all the escapees?)
(1) I could spread the rumor through the lunchtime-intel-hub, even tell Zybo and the other officers, but it could make things harder for you. Remember there are chances they can see you as fodder to cover themselves. I like your idea; we just need to time your operation so the situation forces the subverted to “interfere” in your favor.

(2) Are the guards armored? For scalpels to work as a reliable arm, you might need to strike for the vitals or chinks in armor; that also requires SOME skill with knives and perhaps grappling skills and a good deal of strength. On the other hand, you should leave a collection of improvised weapons for them at some location in the ship (e.g. in a storage room). Thinking of items potentially available to you… Flame extinguishers could do; you can move them about the ship, they deal heavier damage than a knife (albeit blunt), require less skill (any brawler may hit you with one), they can blind targets with their "jet of smoke" (which is hard to avoid) and work at range, the tool might be even useful to make smoke-screens. You could also bring plasma solder/cutter guns (if there are portable ones) and super-glue to break stuff without using much force.