View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 06:46 PM   #469
Hide

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Good to see you guys; this is what I have been working with:

I have organized my friends to build a “front” against the Dread-Stormers; we have devised a plan to counter them in the occasion we either spot or face one. Then, Pacifica proceeds to explain said plan to her fellow Dread-Stormers, hoping they acquire an edge in said occasions (at least in when it comes to the people in the sections she’s been working with).

With the incidents in the ship, especially after the shooting, everybody’s been naturally more aware than before. So, I built an information network with the people I work with (she mentions their names and jobs). We are preparing ourselves to spot and track Dread-Stormers on board.

Now you might be asking yourselves how reliable the information gathered this way, will be. All I can say as an Esper, is that I can tell of things we should not ignore (Exposition Sense); however, we can work with this information, and there’s two highlights so far:

First highlight, one of you might get caught soon. They know a Dread-Stormer has mind-controlling prowess, and they know their section.
  • That is why I leave you a note, when I could not meet you. As the message has been relayed, I will destroy this (she reads the poem, and then she eats the note). I remember you (Daymar) do poetry, right? Maybe you could have understood my message more easily.
  • Hua, IMO, it does not matter if you have brain-washed your buddy. If you are under suspicion, there’s going to be more eyes upon you. If your buddy reports everything is OK (but if her -hypothetical- shadow does not), this will be trouble. Have you checked who your buddy’s last partner was? Have you seen her?
  • Day, you have been brainwashing the people in the kitchen. IMO, it’s quite easy checking whether the food is doped or not. If they are forcing you to do the same thing again and again, maybe you are taking the bait.
Second highlight, there’s going to be a resupply operation soon, at a secret depot in Jarkobi space (it seems). At least it It won't pose a threat to our rendezvous, AFAIK. What do you think?

Changing topics...
  • Hua, I would like to raid the armoury with you. If you want a hand, I could do it at this time of the day; AFAIK you need to pull these tricks with backup. We also need radios, and I would appreciate a pair of gloves. I would appreciate the Officer’s pin-code, this might help me gather more information from the terminals.
  • Day if you disable the engine and given the previous information, it’s going be clear that you are the Dread Stormer. You might need to go AWOL after this. What do you think? Maybe you could disguise as guy from another shift and take his place… or perhaps you could schedule the shut-down.
  • I actually think it is a good thing we are going to visit this “depot”. There will be more weapons for us, and it is going to be hard to resupply after this. Perhaps we should wait and maybe we can take the surplus guns and make them burn in the food supplies.
  • Finally I have some flour I was allowed to keep from the fire incident. You can have it if you need a countermeasure regarding food.

Disadvantage resistance rolls.
Spoiler: