View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 06:33 AM   #118
coronatiger

Default Session 29 (2020-01-11)

Thoughts on April 17th

Va’lyndra was still sleeping when morning came. After breakfast, I tried shaking her carefully, speaking her name. She didn’t respond. I considered sticking my hand inside her jacket to pinch her in a sensitive place, but decided not to. If someone tried to wake Olivia that way, I’d murder them, so it would be equally wrong for me to molest Va’lyndra.

I asked Leopold if he knew any magic that would get us inside the temple. It didn’t seem like he did, so we went to look for alternative entrances to the structure. My hopes weren’t high, but it gave us something to do while we waited for Va’lyndra to come around. Leopold stopped to make notes whenever he spotted something that piqued his interest, among them a reference to “the great spirit”. There were no other entrances, but Leopold seemed satisfied with glaring at the wall. I soon grew tired of watching him, and went back to surprise Olivia. Rhythmic banging on the temple wall – Ilzo, I presumed – set the pace for my advances. If Ilzo was stupid enough to break through the wall and actually enter, I wouldn’t come for him. At least not until Olivia and I had come a few times for each other first.

Thoughts on April 18th

Va’lyndra was still under this morning. Olivia had gotten some food and water inside her, but unless the mage woke up, she would die. I thought it was time to realize we’d been defeated. Ilzo argued that he wasn’t giving up quite yet, but then he noticed that we were out of water. We packed down the camp, and I started tying Va’lyndra across Hungover’s saddle, until Olivia told me she wouldn’t survive the transport like that. We shifted around some baggage, and I mounted Marvin. Ilzo and Olivia lifted up Va’lyndra, and we sat her in the saddle in front of me. I’m the best rider in the group, and could steer Marvin with my knees while holding the unconscious elf so she didn’t fall off. Ilzo was certainly strong enough to hold her, and a decent rider, but there’s no horse in the world that can carry Ilzo as well as a passenger.

We arrived at the underground inn late in the evening, and we rented three rooms, one for Ilzo, one for Leopold and one for us girls. We also bought water to refill our drained skins. Olivia and I brought Va’lyndra upstairs. Ilzo climbed up on a chair in the common room and asked if there was anyone present who could wake an unconscious person. Nobody volunteered, and in hindsight, I think I’d have gotten a more favorable response than the orc. Olivia and I ignored him and checked out the guild office. It was closed, so we went to bed. Lady Karita had once said that our activities could wake the dead, but it did no good for Va’lyndra.

Thoughts on April 19th

There was more activity at the guild office this morning, in fact we had to wait in line to get in. Leopold made small talk while I entertained with acrobatics. Olivia remained behind to take care of Va’lyndra. Ilzo asked again if anyone knew how to wake her. He got more traction today, and while nobody present possessed the necessary skills, someone mentioned a party that left in the direction of Garuk yesterday. They went on foot, so we might be able to catch up with them.

It was finally our turn at the office, and I explained what we’ve done, and what we failed to do. We accepted half pay for the last quest, and I rushed out to talk to the adventurers Ilzo had spoken to, to get the names and descriptions of the people in the healer’s party.

We agreed I could take Surkalpi and the bare minimum of supplies so I could race through the mines. I caught up with the correct group in the afternoon, and explained the situation to them. I turned on my charm when we started negotiating, but an elf woman took over when she saw how I was manipulating her male companions. Eventually we agreed that I’d pay twenty gold pieces for their help, and a bonus of another hundred if they managed to wake Va’lyndra. I only had sex once while we waited for my friends to arrive.

They came a few hours later, and I confessed to Olivia as soon as I got her alone. The healer examined Va’lyndra, but unfortunately, I only had to pay him the twenty gold.

Thoughts on April 20th

We traveled on today, at a much slower pace than I had held yesterday, but since I was there to take care of Va’lyndra, we moved faster than my friends had done.

Thoughts on April 21st

We passed the checkpoint and declared everything, paying fifty percent in tax to the governor. The innkeeper at the Red Mansion resisted my charms and made me pay for my room. In protest, I didn’t perform, instead devoting myself completely to Olivia.

Thoughts on April 22nd

Olivia and I went to see her medicine teacher if she could help us wake Va’lyndra. Ilzo headed for the guildhall on the same mission. We met again back at the Red Mansion, and by then Va’lyndra had come around on her own. She’d even been out for a stroll. We told Va’lyndra how long she’d been unconscious, and how worried we had been for her. She had trouble believing us. She thought she’d just been sleeping for a few hours.

I went to the guild and asked Master Malfinn Kandus what rank was required to gain admission to the guild auction next month. He explained that as I’ve been on a bunch of quests now, I just needed someone to vouch for me, in order to gain the rank of Veteran, and be allowed into the auction. Another benefit of gaining that rank was that a wider range of potions would be available for purchase. I asked him who might vouch for me, and he said it had to be someone of importance, but it didn’t have to be someone in the guild. I asked if he knew Fidel Sidel or Karl Morgenstern, and he would accept a recommendation from either of them, if I could convince one of them to vouch for my character.

I sought out Karl Morgenstern next, for he lives here in Garuk. If he wouldn’t vouch for me, I’d have to go to Urdon and find Fidel Sidel. He owes me a favor, so I knew I’d get a recommendation from him if I failed to get one from Karl.

The guards outside his office refused to let me in without an appointment. I suppose the Tamburin threat weighs heavily on him at the moment. The guards knew who I was, of course, and I convinced them to let Karl know I’d been to see him. He could send a reply to the Red Mansion.

I still have to pay for the room, but the innkeeper didn’t mind if I performed for tips in the common room. Leopold failed to show up for dinner, but while we wondered where he might have gone, we didn’t worry. It wasn’t like we had ordered him to dine with us. After the meal, I entertained the inn’s patrons with acrobatics. It was a raging success. Even Ilzo tipped me a whole gold piece.

Character sheet: Google Drive link (See this thread for details.)

Campaign logs: Chaotic Pioneering / Confessions of a Forked Tongue
coronatiger is online now   Reply With Quote