View Single Post
Old 11-10-2022, 09:21 PM   #4
Varyon

Default Re: Judo Throw Perk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianLW View Post
Thanks for the feedback. This was basically my take on it, too. I actually did think about restricting this to a throw after a parry, but since a throw following a grapple is resolved by a Quick Contest of Judo vs. the best of ST, DX, or grappling skill, I decided it wasn't really a problem. I figure if the tiny judoka can get the grapple in the first place and beat that high ST, she deserves to do the higher damage. I did think about penalizing the throw by difference in Size Modifier somehow though....
Maybe something like "when using this option, if the character has a lower SM than their target, the attack roll (Judo roll in the QC) takes a -2 per difference in SM." So, a gnome (SM -1) up against an ogre (SM +1) would be at -4 when using this option... but if the gnome pulls it off, there's likely a sizable damage bonus in play (an average, ST 10 gnome would deal 1d-3 cr with a damaging Judo throw - but with the Perk and against an average, HP 20 ogre, this instead becomes 2d-2, going form an average of 1 damage to an average of 5).