View Single Post
Old 04-23-2021, 08:38 AM   #166
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Ok, so now we are ready to build the furnace contraption thing.

Telrith will try to build a furnace to draw in oxygen at the bottom and feed smoke out the top and into the cave. He's going to plug the passage with a layer of dirt 3 feet thick. I don't know how wide the passage is, roll enough shape earth to fill it for me please (at 15).

The furnace is going to be built as a pipe around 2 feet in diameter on the inside at the bottom. It will be built right next to the plug. Some vegetation will be placed in it to add strength. It will slope thinner as it goes up, until at about 4.5 feet up it passes through a hole in the plug, probably around 4 inches around. A hole at the bottom of the furnace will let us shove in fuel and draw in air. Telrith can probably do this with two castings of shape earth (at 15).

Telrith will be very careful with constructing this, taking 16 times longer, for a +4 to his default architecture skill, raising it to 12.

Telrith will urge the rest of his team to gather a big pile of firewood, so they can feed the furnace all night.

He'll also ask if we have a nice long spear. It may come in handy. If not, could someone find a nice long stick and sharpen it.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote