View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 12:01 AM   #35
Ulzgoroth

Default Re: Glass Bottle vs. 9 mm Parabellum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurps Fan View Post
The "Homogenous or not?" view is essentially an issue of wounding multipliers, but lacking Homogenous seems to open another can of worms: Do bottles have brain and vitals? Where is the borderline between "*1/5 vs. pi" (Homogenous) and "*1 vs. pi" (lack thereof)? This would be a sudden, big gap.
Ah, I'm not really seeing worms here. You know perfectly well that bottles don't normally have brains, vitals, eyes, or blood, and there are ITs to represent those properties just fine already. As for the borderline, I would be disinclined to assign Homogeneous to any object of a material which tends to shatter, including glass and most materials with rigid crystalline structures. I could be very wrong in doing that. I certainly don't have any data about the effects of bullets on glass statuary.

However, that wouldn't do anything to address frailty to crushing damage, which is probably the most common fate of glassware! Making it easy to break a glass bottle with a bullet but hard to break it with a baseball bat wouldn't be very good.