View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 04:13 PM   #8
Skarg

Default Re: What was your favorite death test room?

What comes to mind as my favorite element of a Death Test room was figuring out each situation and that some of the people in them were other contestants, and sometimes they might do something other than fight you to the death. In particular I remember that it was possible to get some of them to trade with you or even join your group (at least, if you didn't already have four people in your group).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
I also liked both for their challenge, clever rooms, and deadliness. Someone posted in another thread about how to make long dungeon crawls in TFT less deadly or more possible, etc. and I cringed a bit. I don't want to play D&D with healing spells and forever characters protected from themselves. I want poor decisions and fighting to end badly for the PCs or the game loses its tension and my interest in it. I don't want my ego stroked by the rules or the GM.
I quite agree! Also it seems to me that such elements that make survival so much easier undermine the challenge, and the accomplishment of those characters who do/did manage to survive without them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdangly View Post
Agreed. The world is over flowing with fantasy roleplaying games where you are basically immortal, because of how sad and discouraging it would be if you could possibly lose a game you are playing. TFT is going to murder you unless someone is cheating, and that is good.
Yes!
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote