View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 11:57 AM   #32
s_d

Default Re: Welcome to the Ogre video game community!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AurochJake View Post
You're too kind! ;)

The game is being made in Unity and we're really happy with the freedom that it's given us to bring the physical game to life in the digital realm.

Thanks to everyone weighing in on the platform conversation. As we say, it's only PC confirmed so far, and apologies to anybody that this excludes. A big thanks to those who have offered solutions to those playing on Linux and Mac too!
Thank you for taking the time respond! It really does matter.

You've wisely chosen your development tech, and not only in terms of portability. Unity is a wonderful tool for development of strategy games, and gives you lots of room for future expansion, even into (gasp!) tablet versions of OGRE. Imagine such huge armor on a such a tiny device! Delicious... despite the UI overhaul it would require.

In any case, I wish you the best in the future and I hope that other OS versions can become financially viable for you. If it does well enough, surely smaller market shares can become interesting. I'd love to see this game relentlessly take over all fanbases, crushing its turn-based competition in a display of calculated raw aggression... who needs an underdog when we can all bask in the glory of rolling over our enemies, unchecked!

(...says the plucky Linux gamer... ha!)
s_d is offline   Reply With Quote