View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 07:25 AM   #8
kdtipa

Default Re: Real World Tactical Shooters

Seems you got a pretty good list of people to look at. But you also asked what makes these people survive in a gun fight. This is second hand info, but it makes sense, and you can use it however you like.

Keep moving.

A stationary target is easy to hit. I'm told that if you're in a gun fight close up you need to not be in the same place for very long until the fight is over.

Also, it does not involve aiming or firing with the extended arm or arms. It involves shooting with your elbow near your center of gravity (talking about pistols at this point of course). It may sound weird, but apparently it's the way to go. And don't bother aiming for specific targets... just shoot to hit the person.

I think in game terms, the "moving" part will be the key. I think the rules bear this out to some degree (penalties for hitting a moving target), but there may be more to it than that. In a way, I think just a bit of movement from close up is a way to destroy aim (So perhaps the opponent loses any bonus for aiming when you move). Just a thought.

Last edited by kdtipa; 05-10-2010 at 07:26 AM. Reason: typos
kdtipa is offline   Reply With Quote