View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 11:16 PM   #43
Phantasm

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by naloth
Strange pretty much cannot be done using GURPS Magic... I wouldn't bother unless you want to assign him thousands of fatigue, impossibly high skill levels (Magery 10ish?), and use Modular Abilities to represent that he knows every spell.
For Strange as he's been presented in the past, this is true. Part of the problem is that the writers never clearly sat down and said "this is what he can do, and this is what he cannot do."

However, does the method I used for his character sheet work as a workable approximation? This is still somewhat early in his career, so I'm guessing he hasn't learned all of his spells yet.

One other method I toyed with was syntactic magic; I'll have to look up my notes on Strange-as-Syntactic-Mage. I went with Ritual Magic as it seemed to fit the flavor of the Marvel Universe better.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is online now   Reply With Quote