View Single Post
Old 07-27-2021, 11:03 AM   #40
Prince Charon

Default Re: [Supers] A More Scientific Golden Age

A set of articles that I'm working on for this setting (which as you can see, still need a lot of work):

Working Title: Experimental Space Guns

As governments and military personnel have realized the need to shoot other people in low-pressure environments down to hard vacuum, and in lower gravities or microgravity, so they have had to consider what weapons they will shoot with, and what weapons others will shoot at them. Naturally, many mad scientists are only too happy to step forward with their ideas. Thus, all space stations have firing ranges of some description, and these ranges are frequently in need of repair from use.

<energy weapons (mostly reverse-engineered from Martian tech, thanks to gadgeteers; also some weird ones with little or no Martian tech), coilguns (railguns scrape the rails, so would either be very rare, or the rails might be part of the ammo), both mostly using the same bulky post-Martian ultracapacitors, or sometimes weird Earth-tech>

<unguided gyrocs, some 'normal' guns (graphite lubrication)>

<long eye-relief scopes, or scope built into helmet (probably weapon also built in, in the latter case)>

<check Pizard's equipment page & Atomic Rocket's sidearms pages>
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________

Working Title: Spacecraft & Stations

<rocket stacks, TL6^ with TL(6+1)^ or other superscience enhancements; some very superscience vehicles, like Dr. Zarkov's rocket>

<more details on existing & planned space stations>

<moon-landers; automated moon-lander 'with a weight hanging down to help with balance?'; auto-landers more expensive because they need more superscience>

<planned moonbases>
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________

Working Title: Walking Machines

<Spaceships 4: Fighters, Carriers, and Mecha may be used here (though I'm not confident in my skill with that system), along with maybe some websites, like ericthered's Robots as Spaceships series>

Working Title: Life on Mars

<information on Martian environment and cities; maybe culture/politics?>

<vehicles and other technology>

Anyone have opinions or suggestions for any of these?

"The more corrupt a government, the more it legislates."
-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 12/17/2022: Apocrypha: Bridges out of Time, Part I has been posted.
Prince Charon is offline   Reply With Quote