View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 11:32 AM   #25
Plane

Default Re: Can you aim a gun you can't see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Leviathan View Post
If you're not illuminated you don't gain much from a modern barrel sight, it's harder to sight in a scope.
I'd say you gain the acc bonus but perhaps you have a -1 or -2 circumstance penalty on the roll.
This seems like a good place to incorporate those "On Target" rules from Pyramid which involve rolling for your aims, then you can just apply lighting penalties to those rolls to try and use your sight, making it less likely to use sights properly in bad lighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Leviathan View Post
If your gun is invisible you're not using the sights, can't functionally align the barrel for the shot even with a scope, but you're still taking a second to line-up your shot and taking advantage of the accuracy of the weapon. I'd say even if you cant' see your gun you could have half it's accuracy on an aim but no bonuses for scopes or other aiming tools.
People with innate attacks are also firing with "invisible guns" though, should we halve their bonuses as well?

Although it makes to distinguish rules for using the sights, I don't want Tactical Shooting to just penalize gun Acc without penalizing other Acc.

One thing that comes to mind though is you might be able to emulate sights using your bare hand (just gazes where your finger is pointing) for supers who just shoot energy blasts from their fingertips.

You can't do that while one-handed shooting an invisible pistol (your fingers are wrapped around the handle or pulling the trigger) but maybe with 2-handed shooting a invisible pistol you could hold up a index finger along the barrel to emulate a sight?

That's probably only good for occasional shots though, not constant combat, given how the barrel will heat up and burn your finger, unless you have DR from gloves or some kind of power to absorb burning/heat damage.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote