View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 12:04 PM   #39
Otaku

Default Re: [SUPERS] My Unofficial Handbook to the DC Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesir23 View Post
Thanks, I will.

I'm also particularly weak on the Lanterns. I'm just not that interested--I skipped the Black Lantern saga, FREX. But they definitely have an important place in the DCU so I'd like to do them justice for this project.
If you want to get an idea of what to read, consider the Comicstorian channel on Youtube. The short version is that they basically exist to give summaries and back stories for comic book characters, including recommending certain reads. It won't give you enough to build a character and it might "spoil" the books too much for your taste, but it can really help you figure out which arcs to go with while trying to character/world build. Atop The Fourth Wall may be of similar benefit; Linkara is a Teen Titans fan so he did an overview of basically the entire Titans run spanning multiple series. Again, not enough to base write-ups just on that, but a good way to see what arcs you really need and what you can at least more safely skip.
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote