View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 10:39 AM   #19
Fred Brackin

Default Re: Archery in this game kind of sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boge View Post

N It would cost me another 40 points to get Heroic archer and Weapon master which would net me a +2 accuracy on each shot and a +2 damage on each shot...for 40 points.
These are not your first purchases. Not to overlook mere money you use that to purchase (at least) A Longbow made for ST 15. That'll get you 1D+3 pts of damage and you penetrate DR4 mail 5 out of 6 times.

With character Pts you buy off the Targeted Attack:Face technique (from Martial Arts) and for 4 pts -5 goes down to -2.

That hit to the face doesn't just bypass the armor it gives you the full doubling for Impaling damage and your 6.5 pts of damage turn into an average of 13.

That's a Major Wound which requires a HT Roll to avoid Knockdown and Stun with a -5 penalty for being to the Face. It should also put your target (average human) below 0 HP and that will require a HT roll every turn he tries to do anything.

While you're in Martial Arts check out Foot Archery Style. If I had that I'd probably working on Arm St before Heroic Archer. Weapon Master:Bow is a good buy.

My final build would have a "regular" ST of 14, Arm ST+3 and of course the Strongbow Perk. I'd e using a ST19 longbow and with the WM I'd be doing 2D+5. This is probably the place where people will complain about my character doing too much damage. :)