View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 05:02 AM   #63
Phantasm

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by naloth
Quote:
Create Invisible Force Fields 10 (Psionic, -10%) [90];
Not sure what you intend to do with this.
Create Invisible Force Fields is one of her two core abilities (Invisibility being the other one). The various attacks and the Flight/Walk on Air (thanks for that suggestion) are simply frequent "power stunts" on this ability. She can create an invisible wall, an airtight, waterproof dome or bubble for traveling or keeping the ocean out, contain and smother a fire, block off a hallway to stop someone from getting away, and even keep the water from coming out of an overturned canteen. Things like that which happen on a case-by-case basis I really don't see the need for detailing a dozen different abilities when one will suffice.

Now, the actual level of 10 may or may not vary; I like 10 on all my creators/controllers for its simplicity.

The main reason I was thinking Psionic for her powers is mostly due to the nosebleed movie!Sue got there during the climactic fight with Doom, a trait usually given in Marvel to psis who are pushing their abilities to their limits.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote