View Single Post
Old 07-18-2021, 12:37 AM   #4
Tymathee

Location: I'd rather be alone than be with people who make me feel alone.
Default Re: Technique: Cutting Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnn View Post
What are the "Per-based social interaction skill" then?
Be prepared to encounter the occasional outright hokey rules text in GURPS. The authors are usually pretty good at writing what they write, and Kromm does his (hard) job pretty well, but there's these odd little hiccups in the rules text unfortunately.

My advise is to ignore the discrepancies and logical fallacies you encounter in the rules text in favor of sensible houserules/homebrewing. Use what's provided in the RAW as a precedent for what you make so that your work is more or less cohesive with the RAW.
"Mom's resentful that she has to work so hard, which obscures her guilt about actually wanting to work so hard. Dad's guilty about being less driven than mom, but thinks it's wrong to feel that way, so he hides behind a smokescreen of cluelessness. Quinn wears superficiality like a suit of armor, because she's afraid of looking inside and finding absolutely nothing. And I'm so defendant that I actively work to make people dislike me so I won't feel bad when they do. Can I go now?" - Daria Morgendorffer
Tymathee is offline   Reply With Quote