View Single Post
Old 05-27-2021, 11:56 AM   #17
Phil Masters

Default Re: [Basic] Advantage of the Week: Mind Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
If the GM required that the subject's disadvantage total didn't change, this gets harder, because there aren't many mental disadvantages that it's ethical to give people in trade for their existing ones. Sense of Duty to family, and other culturally-specific groups, such as churches, organisations or countries qualify, as do some Codes of Honour, and Honesty.
A plausible option would be some combination of partial Amnesia and/or Delusion (“I never really had that disadvantage”). It might even be necessary for the effect to hold together consistently.

Putting someone into a delusory state about their own memories might be ethically iffy, but if it leaves them less stressed out than when they were suffering from the past condition…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
Well, also for other reasons, but in general, any character who is known to have Mind Control is going to have to deal with a lot of people reacting to their mere presence as someone threatening them with WMDs.
The comics series Die has some interesting reflections on how a category if people with this ability would be viewed and treated, and how the ability would mangle the user’s psyche.
My Self-Publications: On Warehouse 23 and On DriveThruRPG.
Phil Masters is offline   Reply With Quote