View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 07:37 AM   #643
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
When asked, Peter says "No, I don't speak French, that word just gets used in English a lot in my home." He nods in confirmation at the statement that he thinks he is good with animals. If pressed about his home, Peter will try to get away with just saying he's from far away.
After Peter's initial evasion, Mr. Stanway doesn't push him further, but instead speculates about where in the world that may be, settling at last on somewhere in Canada.

Quote:
Peter would ask if they have something suited for Goliath and share his stew with the animal if not.
Goliath is pointed to the rubish heap behind the camp kitchens. The food has been very carefully processed, so there isn't much to eat in the pile, but if pushed Goliath should be able to find at least something...

Quote:
After failing with the steam, Peter enjoys his stew and plays with the dust and dirt on the ground a bit, trying to see if he can manipulate the dust clouds, and at some point, he will scoop a little ash out of the fire pit and see if it will work with floaty-ashes when he tosses them into the air. He's wondering what it is about the smoke that makes it able to be manipulated when other substances are not.
The dust doesn't react at all. He thinks he can get the ashes to swirl and move, but not to congeal into a solid form.

Quote:
"Pleased-ta-meetcha!"
"Yes sir! I'm a hard worker and I'll do my best. An' if you give me the job, I come with a great helper!" and he signals Golaith's hop and gentle bark. "I bet I can teach him to help control other critters like a sheepdog!"
"Hmmm... You do have the dog well trained. You'll be feeding, grooming, cleaning after, and guiding the horses when we move. We have a lot of work to do. Finish your stew. And keep that dog out of the way.

The work to do is in this case mostly putting up temporary fencing and a few temporary structures. Peter doesn't get to work with the actual horses much. The other grooms speak English, but they also speak some local language. There is easily enough work to keep them busy until dinner. Jagdees works with them, moving slowly on his bad foot, mostly doubling checking everything and shouting instructions.

Goliath is a good dog, mostly staying near Peter, but out of the way. He disappears occasionally, and shows up with a dead rat in his mouth at one point.

After dinner, Peter is assigned a tent with the other grooms. He doesn't have a hammock though, the guy he replaced is still using his. Jagdees asks how he was sleeping to make it this far.

Spoiler:  

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote