View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 07:44 AM   #641
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

"Oh, Camofluer! French, not Latin! I've never heard that application of the term. Yes, I suppose it will do just that, though it will perform better in tall grass than in jungle undergrowth. Do you speak French then?"

You believe you are good with beasts? I can certainly send you to Jagdees. It will strain the organization less, and while a trained handler would have been better, you do seem to have a knack.

OCC: Huh, his animal handling default for beasts of burden is an 8.. which is untrained, but only just. A typical newbie stable hand with a single point has a 9.

There isn't much steam wafting past Peter. Attempts to form it into an object are completely fruitless... he can't even shape the steam.

When its time to pick up the food, he is able to get a bowl of some good hot stew. The men seem to enjoy the food immensely. Mr. Alton Stanway (the lanky archeologist) calls for Peter to follow to Mr. Jagdees.

Jagdees is quite short, a little fat, and is missing his left foot, using a wooden peg and a crutch. He dresses European style, unlike many of the the darker men on the expedition.

"Jagdees, I may have a replacement groom for you. He's never worked with horses, but he's good with dogs, and he's enthusiastic."

Jagdees looks over Peter, appraising him. "Lad, you want this job? You willing to work hard?"

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote