View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 02:44 PM   #8
Bowser

Default Re: Playmat Variations

More playmats! But I agree with Stabliser as to the rate of playmat releases. My budget needs time to recover.

Winter GEV maps: They might be pretty, but since they do not affect they way they play, they'd be real low on my list. I would be VERY interested in official rules for winter/arctic/ice effects and then I would be VERY interested in such playmats.

Damaged GEV maps: Not much interest as we have the overlays. I like Stabliser's idea of a before and after dam/flood, though.

Orange Ogre maps: To do it justice, you'd have to issue this as a pair of playmats and the extra space could give additional utility that we have not seen, increasing its usefulness. But I've gone on and on about this before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabliser View Post
1) maybe

I'd really like coastal maps and beachhead/landings scenarios. Its always felt like a missing part for moving ogre to a campaign idea. But I'd rather see coastal maps as GEV board maps that ajoined G/S maps than as playmats.
Yeah Ive pushed the sea ogre idea before :)
Oh, YES! If you haven't checked out Stabliser's massive coastal map, you should. (Stabliser: PM Wolf90 the link to it so he can see just how awesomely cool it is!)

Having said all that, my first priority would be a) green GEV maps that b) offer something "new" or unique (yes, harder and harder to do) and c) keep geomorphing with the existing playmats and/or "hardmaps". (Just don't forget about some possible new official arctic rules and then let's go "Icepick Wild"!

Bowser