View Single Post
Old 05-12-2021, 12:09 AM   #2
Celjabba

Default Re: Hypothetical: Thoughts on Regrowth after normal healing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragabash Moon View Post
So, I have a hypothetical question about taking Regrowth later in a campaign after injuries were left to heal normally. Say a character was in an accident and lost a leg. They have the lame (one leg) disadvantage. Later in the campaign, if they obtained the regrowth advantage and regeneration, would you allow them to get rid of the lame disadvantage (paying it off of course) or would that be impossible as the stump is long since healed before the regeneration power was obtained>

Sure, it could go either way since it's all fictional anyway, but what would you say in your games?
The answer 'it depend' won't help you but I can see it going either way.

Watsonian answer :

Does the regeneration/regrowth work from a template (your DNA ?) or from your "mental picture" of yourself or is it just natural healing boosted ? That would change the outcome.

If the regeneration/regrowth fully take you back to your (theoretical) prime (for example also fixing balding or greying hairs), then I would allow it to regrowth the leg.

If after an injury at 5 pm, the regeneration/regrowth take your body back to what it was at 4:59 pm ... sorry, the leg stay missing.

Doylist answer :

Do you have the point to buy back lame ?

If yes it work.
If not, it doesn't.

Last edited by Celjabba; 05-12-2021 at 08:46 AM.
Celjabba is offline   Reply With Quote