View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 04:14 PM   #5
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Rules you ignore/alter.

I usually forget the rules I alter/ignore until they come up in play, but there are a few I use:
  • Altered trait costs. Per and Will start at 10 rather than basing of off IQ, ST costing a different amounts (usually 5), regrowth costing 10, occasional fiddling with DR and TK costs, having teeth and claws is just a perk. A lot of these are less of rule breaks than before Power Ups 9 came out, and a lot of these have their basis in MyGurps. (holy color change the site got redone).
  • Setting the point costs of racial templates to arbitrary(low) amounts. Racial templates are cool, but often they have features that are less than optimal. Lowered costs funnels character points in game encouraged directions.
  • Letting people buy invulnerability. Its just comes up too much. I usually give it a range around 200 points to 300 points, and I always make sure that it has caveats, so you aren't actually invulnerable.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote