View Single Post
Old 03-23-2023, 12:36 PM   #14
zoncxs

Default Re: Duplication for Speedsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaHalus View Post
At the present moment, it is mostly for fun. I am trying to cover all or most of the stuff speedsters have done in the comics. To have it in my hands in the next supers game. Then the options and levels chosen will depend on the budget.
Got it, I have gone down that rabbit hole too a few years ago. Trying to create a speedster and cover everything they should be able to do and anything else that might come up is a major challenge because of what comics have made speedster out to be.

That was when, going over GURPS Supers, I found the wildcard power and what it did. Slapped it on ATR since that was the core of most speedsters and from then on, if the Character point limit was more than 500pts for a supers game, I had a speedster that could do anything you can explain away, without having a laundry list of abilities.

For reference, the one speedster I created had the following:

Code Name: Velocity
600pt super.

His power was being able to "Shift Gears". Normally he is in "Speed Gear", in combat he swaps to "Combat Gear". If things are really bad, he can force himself in what he calls "Gear Zero", allowing him to perceive the flow of time 25 times faster than normal and do anything he can accomplish with his speed. The down side to this gear is that it only lasts for 30 seconds and after that he ends up twice as slow as a normal person for 10minutes. Though, that is 30 "Normal" seconds, for him, that is 780 seconds, or 13mins, which is plenty of time for him to do anything.

"Gear Zero" (400pts)
ATR! 25 (Wildcard power, x4; Character Point Power, 1/5; Supers, -10%; Maximum Duration, 30s; -75%; Aftermath; Decreased Time Rate 1, -50%) [400]

"Speed Gear" (78)
ATR 1 (Supers, -10%) [90]
Enhanced Move 4 (Second Nature, +150%; Supers, -10%) [192]
Basic Move +24 (Supers, -10%) [108]

"Combat Gear" (68)
ATR 1 (Supers, -10%) [90]
Enhanced Move 1 (Second Nature, +150%; Supers, -10%) [48]
Basic Move +6 (Supers, -10%) [27]
Striking ST +10 (Supers, -10%) [45]
IT:DR 1/2 (Supers, -10%) [45]
Enhanced Dodge 6 (Supers, -10%) [81]
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote