View Single Post
Old 02-12-2023, 09:07 PM   #23
DAT

Default Re: Let's identify niches! Places to start Transhuman Space Campaigns

I started the following, using an adapted version of David Pulver adventure "Rebirth" as the starting adventure/mission.

Title: Darkangel Investigations

Player Characters:
Characters are all agents working for 'Darkangel Investigations', a high end trouble shooting, security, and private investigations firm, head quartered on Islandia in the L4 Earth-Luna Lagrange point. Darkangel agents are recruited from a background in private investigation, under cover police work, intelligence, counter-intelligence, or special operations. Darkangel provides its agents with the usual range of ultra-tech spy/thief gadgets as well as weapons. Carry permits for normal police issue weapons will be provided, and access to “SWAT” level weapons is possible, but not pure military weapons. Characters will need to have a good way to smuggle any “SWAT” level weapons past customs. Sample characters that can be modified will be provided.

Mission Statement:
Darkangel’s activities include corporate counter-espionage and counter-sabotage, body guarding, locating missing persons or objects, and the rescue of hostages and kidnap victims; NO industrial espionage or assassination. For the first mission, PCs are sent to recover stolen advance prototype stabilized metallic hydrogen rocket engine modules.

GM Notes:
This combines the THS and Action! series.

The first mission adventure leads to Mars (domed city), underground facility on the martian moon, a space station, and a spacecraft. The Engine Modules are being "bought" by a Rogue AI/AKV, using some "liberated" Triad bioweapons taken from a smuggler ship to pay for it.

Second mission I had planned was in an underground facility on Luna. Was adapting something from an old Magnum PI TV show episode.

Third mission I had planned was undersea on earth, and was using a Clive Cussler novel as a starting point.

Future missions would take the PCs around the solar system.
DAT is offline   Reply With Quote