View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 11:47 PM   #8
MichaelK

Default Re: Simplifying Gurps Space world creation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
SJ Games has an online policy. On the subject of computer game aids it says this:
Ah, excellent. That's exactly what I wanted to know. Thankyou.

Quote:
Finally, one of the rights of an author under copyright law is not to have his work distributed in a garbled form.
Well, I'm building it to follow the step by step instructions from the book exactly. So far (as far as I can see) it works the same as a human doing it by hand with a set of dice... just much, much faster.

I'll remember that though and keep any 'personal touches' out of the version for distribution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigermann
There are a couple of these already out there
That first one you've linked to is nice, (and looks similar enough to what I've been making to give me a creepy sense of deja vu). However it does seem to use 3rd edition. Fourth edition has some extra features which I think justify a new program.

I've also purchased Astrosynthesis recently, which is an amazing program. It has its own internal star system generator, which with the right plug-ins provides its results in GURPS statistics.

However, as good as all of these are, no one so far seems to have made and distributed just an automation of the 4th edition Space System.
MichaelK is offline   Reply With Quote