View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 03:05 PM   #12
Agemegos

Default Re: Character assignments

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinl View Post
Did someone complain about "Icebird?" I kind of liked it....
No, I just thought that Icebird was a weak reference, not plausibly likely to be famous as an exploring vessel in nine hundred years. Beside, I used it in a recent campaign.

Would you prefer INS Fridtjof Nansen? Archangel Beth might be good enough to change the thread title for us.

Quote:
On the off chance you have it easily available, are there pointers to more info on any of the colonies you listed? I spot checked Todos Santos on the FB Wiki and hit a blank article. No need to write anything new, but I get the impression you have a lot of this data somewhere.
There is nothing usefully reliable: I completely re-generated the universe earlier this year to have everything consistent with a new star catalogue and for the first time to have physical data for everything. The result was that everything moved or got renamed (I mostly name colonies before I see how they are going to develop) or shifted from one end of the dev/population scale to the other.

I am supposed to be working on a rewrite of the colonies, but this year has got rather interrupted. One of the reasons for starting this campaign now is to hold my nose to the grindstone. So tell me what you want and I'll put it in.

Todos Santos, Aeneas, Mayflower, and Tau Ceti are fixed points in the setting that are to some extent immune to change. Todos Santos is the place where it is customary for everyone to use psych tech to short cut self-improvement. Todos Santos is famous for its psychologists and psych techs, and for professionals with heroic adherence to the ethics of their professions. It's also the freakishly polite, neat, orderly, law-abiding, diligent place where everyone has been "reconstructed", the practical utopia based on universal mindwipe.

Decay is inherent in all composite things.
Nod head. Get treat.

Last edited by Agemegos; 08-20-2013 at 04:50 PM.
Agemegos is offline   Reply With Quote