View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 07:19 PM   #33
Starship777

Default Re: Antarctic Space Nazis Across the Multiverse

If magic is on the table a lot of these problems can be swept away.

Instead of a nuclear reactor what if they invented a Soulburner Gestalt?

Tank got destroyed? Cast Rebuild.

Why trust slaves with assembly lines? Cast Animate Machine.

Use Create Fuel to make diesel fuel.

An army marches on its stomach. Create Food.

A bag enchanted with Cornucopia would be able to let a mortar team fire without stopping. A box for artillery ammo would mean they could shell a city day and night forever.

Duplicate could supply everyone with guns. I'm not totally convinced it would work for bullets (how long after it is fired would it disappear?) but they could research a different spell that let them copy ammo.

But why need ammo factories at all? What if they had some kind of horrible tentacled monster that ate raw materials and produced bullets inside its guts? What if they had demon possessed guns that just created bullets through infernal power? Or perhaps the guns contain tiny portals to the Elemental Plane of Bullets? What if soldiers made a spirit pact with a dark entity that gave them Snatcher (Loaded Guns Only) and then just dropped the weapons when they were empty?

Now that I go through the spells I realize magic Nazis would actually be a nightmare in a straight up battle. Although I am curious as to what they would do the first time they meet a spell caster that has Reverse Missiles going. Or something that has the Insubstantial advantage. Or something that has a high enough speed/Altered Time Rate that it can immediately move into close combat. Or Invisibility. Or Mind Control. Ha ha, now I'm wondering how useful their guns might actually be in a fantasy world except for terrorizing peasants. Lots of monsters would not care and find them tasty.
Starship777 is offline   Reply With Quote