View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 05:05 PM   #4
naloth

Default Re: Xenomorphs [Space]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
Oops, the skill levels are from a previous version with Strangler 4. I corrected them. I also removed Jumping and Wrestling and improved Brawling. I also added Vulnerability [Fire] and correct a mistake with Social Stigma. Brawling is standard for predators though, which Xenomorphs definitely are. Discriminatory Smell allows for a high level of Tracking and allows them to track for miles.
Vulnerability (Fire) seems like a good addition.

Tracking-18 would let you follow a trail, not sense something from a hundred yards away. With a Per-14, they just won't sense things that far away, especially if the target is somewhat stealthy or environmental conditions are poor (windy, raining, etc). It seems odd that they would need to roll vs Vibration Sense every turn just to be able to attack without additional penalties.

I'd also drop Monstrous (intimidating perhaps, but mostly in a "eat your face off kinda way") since they are effectively animals with a different appearance. If it wasn't for the kill and eat everything attitude, Xenomorphs wouldn't be worse than some species on earth.

I wouldn't bother with Callous or Low Empathy. Again, these are animals or another species with different values.

Gregarious doesn't seem to fit at all. The first movie showed a lone critter that did quite well by itself and you probably don't want the Per based skills to suffer when they are acting solo.l
naloth is offline   Reply With Quote