View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 05:54 PM   #5
Flyndaran
Untagged

Default Re: Stating a trained animal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humabout View Post
Alternatively, go to Luke's website and grab the stats for a tiger there. I would suggest that "training" is well enough represented by buying it as an Ally.

[EDIT]Yeah, and watch out for mauling. You might consider adding Sense of Duty (Owner) [-2] to the template to help mitigate this, but I'm still pretty sure buying the tiger as an ally should mechanically prevent it from mauling you.
In games' terms sure, but if giving it a realistic IQ, I assumed one might also want to keep realistic behavior in mind.

Not everyone agrees with Luke's translations. Just checking house cats, I disagree with quite a few of his listings. But since the OP is asking, it's as good as most and much quicker than doing it yourself.

Cats are heavily driven by instinct regardless of their conscious choice. (We all are to a degree.)
Most cats will savagely back kick if you touch their bellies. Even the gentlest hand raised cat, Wheezer, did this even though the inability to avoid "attacking" a human obviously caused him distress. I think it's related to the tickle response in primates.

Last edited by Flyndaran; 06-09-2013 at 05:57 PM.
Flyndaran is offline   Reply With Quote