View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 03:11 PM   #2
lexington

Default Re: [Power] Material Mimic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSoldier View Post
I am in the process of beginning my first campaign. Before any of my players new I was running a game, I went to everyone and asked them this question, "If you could choose one Super Power, what would it be?".

I tried to get everyone to think about their characters and develope a mind set before we created characters.

After looking through the Core Books (4th ed) of Characters and Campaigns, I was able to take and modify Telekenisis, Teleportation, and Mind Control for three of my PCs. I liked how everything turned out.

The 4th PC is what leads to my problem.
The Power he thought up was "Material Morph", (ie. He can touch any non-living material and change his bodies molecular structure to match the material.)
When it comes down to it I have no problems imagining this Power and thinking about future ways it may develop.

But, the problem I am facing is how to build this character's Power.
(I am trying to keep the cost of this Power between 60 and 100 points)

The direction I am moving right now is this:
I want to build 3 basic Templates for the character. One for Solid, Liquid, and Gas.
Based on how many points he has to spend he may only have enough points to buy the first Template: Solid.

I am hoping to build each template so that the character can literally change stats with each form he takes.

Which brings even more things into pay.
How do I scale DR for materials? If the character turns into Steel, by the book his DR is around 56. That is crazy powerful, I need to add weight for the material and add some kind of disadvantage to being in that form.

I have spent the last couple days thinking about this power, and how to let it do what it should do, without letting it become broken.
I suggest modifying the elementals from Dungeon Fantasy: Summoners (wood, metal, wind, fire, water, sound IIRC). They all come in a bunch of sizes and types so his powers have room to grow.
lexington is offline   Reply With Quote