Thread: Glamor
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 05:26 PM   #64
phiwum

Default Re: Glamor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcobb View Post
I create an illusion of a flaming sword and beat the green slime to death with it.

Illusions hurt humans because humans are magical creatures.
Not sure what you're getting at, Henry.

If you mean there's an apparent inconsistency with illusions not affecting mindless critters and illusory weapons behaving like the real thing, yes, I guess you're right. If it comes up in a game, I see no principled way to resolve the inconsistency, so I'd go with my gut and say illusionary weapons (and fire, etc.) behave just like the real thing with the exception that they don't affect critters with IQ 0 or 1.

I don't have any reason for that and you could just as well say that illusions don't affect any mindless critters except for illusions of fire, etc. I don't see a reason to take one resolution of the inconsistency over the other, so I chose what felt right to me.

I don't know that I'd allow illusions of flaming swords, personally, for the same reason there are limits on the characters that can be conjured up as illusions.

As far as humans (and other critters with minds) being magic and that's why illusions hurt them, sure, why not? Kinda how I see it.
phiwum is offline   Reply With Quote