View Single Post
Old 03-11-2021, 05:02 PM   #8
Prince Charon

Default Re: Teleport Other and Wizard Eye, or other methods of long-distance scrying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Baughn View Post
Needing line of sight to the point of view is a harsh requirement which doesn't feature in any stories I'm aware of. With enough fatigue and vision-enhancing spells you can eventually get something like classic clairvoyance by just choosing a point of view high in the air so you can go 'beyond the horizon' and then zoom in with Hawk Vision, look inside buildings with Glass Wall, etc. but you have to layer a lot of spells to get the kind of effects which are relatively common in stories.
OK, yeah, we do need a Remote Viewing spell, and I hadn't noticed that there wasn't one in GURPS. Maybe Projection could be the immediate prerequisite for the new spell, with Remote Viewing perhaps being 'like projection but not limited to line-of-sight, and able to move the viewpoint.' or something like that? Might be a VH spell, especially if further limitations are removed.

Alternatively, the Remote Viewing spell might have Crystal Gazing as the main prerequisite, with Wizard Eye being another one (but unlike Telecast or Wizard Eye+Teleport, there's no physical eye to notice or attack).

"The more corrupt a government, the more it legislates."
-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 12/17/2022: Apocrypha: Bridges out of Time, Part I has been posted.
Prince Charon is offline   Reply With Quote