View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 11:14 AM   #4
Alden Loveshade

Default Re: Different Liches [Magic/Horror]

This beginning part may only marginally fit the topic. But I remember years ago in a different game system when a lich randomly popped up in the middle of our powerful party. We quickly dispatched it.

I remember thinking, why would such an intelligent and experienced being do something so stupid? I thought, "If I were a lich, what would I do?" So I made an NPC lich with an island base. Several parties of adventurers tried going after the lich, but none succeeded.

More on the topic, while your lich template looks interesting, I've always thought of the lich thing as a trade-off. "I want to be immortal. But to do so, I'll have to assume an awful form." To me, it has the drama of, "What am I willing to sacrifice in order to be immortal?"
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote