View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 07:36 PM   #9
hal

Default Re: Cybernetic costs and modifiers both 3e & 34e

So Sir_Pudding,
If you would - list a few of the things you didn't particularly like from 3e's cybernetics rules. Sometimes it helps to see it from other's point of view, and I'm seriously looking at finding ways to incorporate things from the earlier years of GURPS with the new 4e rules - largely because the 4e rules structure won't update with new books things like GURPS CYBERPUNK, or other such things like GURPS ROBOTS.

I really DETEST building robots strictly on points, which is why I took the time to update the original concepts from GURPS ROBOTS and merge them in with the computer complexity rules from GURPS 4e publications. Increasing personality simulation program complexity value (up from 4 to 6) means that the same basic "computer hardware" is required to run a complexity 6 (4e rules) as was done with complexity 4 (3e rules). Limbs, bodies, and other mechanical things can be built as TL 8 stuff from GURPS ROBOTS, but use the computer stats from 4e - for a 3e-4e fusion as it were.

I'd like to see a functional fusion between 3e and 4e GURPS CLASSIC CYBERPUNK where possible.
hal is offline   Reply With Quote