View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 03:07 PM   #6
kdtipa

Default Re: Shotguns and RoF... is there a better way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbertocarlos View Post
A shotgun with RoF 1x9 is exactly like a SMG with RoF 9 firing in full auto.
That doesn't make sense. An SMG firing on full auto still means one bullet is coming out at a time, and each shot has the potential to shift the aim enough to hinder the accuracy of the next shot. By the end of 9 rounds, I know from experience that the muzzle is not likely to be pointed in the same place it started. But a shot gun round with pellets... each one doesn't affect the next pellet. It doesn't make sense to say that recoil is affecting each pellet a little more than another. They all come out at the same time.

But if the RoF 3 shotgun gets fired three times... I definitely see the pellets from the first shot to be more likely to hit than the pellets from the next shot. But if shots from a shot gun with pellets work like full auto fire from other guns... and I fire two shots... the pellets from the second shot are only going to hit if all the pellets from the first shot hit, and I still make it by more than the number of pellets... Which is not realistic at all. Who's going to fire a second shot (let alone a third) if the penalty to hit with any of the rounds from the second shot is already -8? Skeet shooters can pull off far faster shots, and they don't have to be masters to do it.
kdtipa is offline   Reply With Quote