View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 08:01 AM   #56
maximara
On Notice

Default Re: How should i run monsters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by talonthehand View Post
Your argument of "this rule is old therefore it should not be paid attention to" is only strong if you have a more recent example of a different rule overruling it - not a case of "this other old rule got overruled". Do you have such an example?
No I expressly stated what my position was: "given how flexible GURPS is I wouldn't say there is a "canonical solution" to any problem."

As for a more recent example of changes, take a look at the Verne's Nautilus TL in GURPS Adaptations (2016; 2017) vs it in Vehicles: Steampunk Conveyances (2017).

For former used 2000 Classic: Steampunk's TL (5+1) but in 4e that means realistic alternative tech.

Vehicles: Steampunk Conveyances finally corrected it to TL (5+1)^ ie super science alternative tech which is how Classic: Steampunk used some of TL (5+1) as there was no superscience category back then.
Help make a digital reference for GURPS by coming to the GURPS wiki and provide some information and links (such as to various Fanmade 4e Bestiaries) . Please, provide more then just a title and a page number.
maximara is offline   Reply With Quote