View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 09:57 AM   #5
Otaku

Default Re: How to Build Super Strong Hands?

Good ideas, all. When I have more time, I'll go though the math behind them. I wouldn't be surprised if a hybrid approach, using Hand ST for general stuff but a few Innate Attacks for "special applications" works out best. Oh, and don't let that stop others from weighing in; I'd hate to miss a great answer because I made people think this was finished and settled. There isn't exactly a deadline for this character, at least, not anything in the immediate future.

Oh, and I am embarrassed I didn't even realize this would match Tank Top Black Hole. Probably because I didn't know what "realistic" grip strength was when he was bragging, so I assumed he was just a niche athlete and not a low-level Super. At least, if I am reading the numbers correctly he'd be superhuman. While not intentional, the setting of One Punch Man is a decent stylistic fit. That is to say, things can go back and forth easily from goofy to serious.

I'm strongly leaning towards this criminal going by the name "Fred Lobster". The name didn't come first, but third (after power and criminal applications of said power). With his hand ST not coming with equally superhuman levels of Hand DR or HP, I thought he could slowly go from simple hand protection to more and more elaborate options. Then just have him be an able - but not superhuman - swimmer. He's not supposed to be a hero at all, but yeah; not impressive enough to be his own supervillain, but maybe a right (and left XP) hand man?
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote