View Single Post
Old 05-31-2022, 11:38 AM   #1426
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Wouldn't that be a failure by 7 once the retreat bonus is taken into account, and the skill being rolled against be 12 because there's a total position bonus of 4?
Yes, you're right, I botched the math. Here is a second try:
13 (base skill) - 8 (causalities) - 2 (command chain damage) + 8 (retreat) = 11 ... failure by 7.

12 (base skill) - 4 (causalities) +4 (position bonus) = 12... success by 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
[1007] 22-05-30 18:31:46 CEST

Strategy roll

3d6
5 + 3 + 3 = 11
with a MoV of 8, 25% more causalities are inflicted (~13), and no more are taken.

The battle is over.

The enemy flees deeper into the ship, undoubtedly spreading word of the battle. They don't stay in one group, and are scattered. Less than a third of the enemy escapes, a little more than a dozen men*. Most of the enemy has not been killed outright, but is merely wounded or captured. **

*13, but you don't know that yet.

** once again, GM records: 1/4th dead or dying, 1/4 captured but unharmed, for ~ 9 of each. You have a feel for this but not exact numbers.

Quote:
Laser's flying everywhere, I briefly wonder if I could adapt my photorefraction into something that would deflect laser fire. Then I hear a gunshot somewhere and think better of it.

I'll try to slip into the mass trying to retreat into the officer's quarters.
Hua just slips in... only the confusion and hurry to get in lets her do so unnoticed, alongside three of the fleeing enemy. The officer gets two security in and locks the door. The two security post up on the door, aiming to shoot at anyone going through it. The officer heads towards the captain's quarters.

Daymar, just behind the front lines, receives a runner with a message from Pacifica: she has taken her command center and killed some of its crew, captured the others, and is keeping them subdued via flushing out the oxygen in control center periodically. She has also gotten a message from Vinobi.**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Since it’s been enough time for the people in the room to recover from the lack of oxygen, Pacifica asks her team to temporarily flush the oxygen away.

Everybody must be on the ready.

Then, she’ll call the allied command centers to relay the information.
During the oxygen flush cycle, the battle is fought. Pacifica calls Sgt. Pookivo at the fore command center (deck 6). Pookivo says the other two dreadstormers are mopping up the remnants of an attack from the hyperdrive and officer's quarters.

He asks what message he should pass on to Daymar.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 05-31-2022 at 11:41 AM.
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote