View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 12:12 AM   #1
kirbwarrior

Default Messenger Immunity

I went into Legal Immunity assuming this was there and realized I was thinking of Bardic Immunity. So, what level of Legal Immunity would this cover?;

You are a messenger, one who is qualified to run across the land, sometimes even across multiple countries. Guards or similar will not stop you and your messages can not be read through (if written, this advantage applies to both oral and written messages). Only once your message has been sent can others do something about it, but not to you, only to the person the message it was delivered to and the message after it's been delivered and given a chance to read. This includes reactions to the message; "Don't shoot the messenger". However, this only applies to external affairs, you can still be punished for spying or otherwise taking advantage of your situation.

The idea is that this is a widely accepted form of information exchange that everyone knows about and even country leaders can be punished for getting in the way off. It's effectively a TL4 secure connection. I also might just be missing something or thinking about something the wrong way. Any thoughts? My guess is the price is about 10pts with a limited version of "diplomatic pouch" that might just round down. I'd love to hear a way to make this more 'generic', too.

Thank you ahead of time.
kirbwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote