View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 01:13 AM   #45
wabishtar

Default Re: Storium - In Nomine

I understand that there are limitations to the Storium system, and that necessitates going light on the mechanics. I also understand the desire to avoid new information to keep people from jumping around between different sources. I understand that a Storium version of In Nomine will by necessity be different. However, Storium is already an extremely fluid, adaptable system where storytellers can easy adapt to a sit they enjoy. I'm a GURPS fan in addition to In Nomine, and I've run Riverworld, Uplift, and Infinite Worlds games on there already. I was able to make a playable, enjoyable version of those games very quickly on my own because that is what Storium is designed for.

When it comes to In Nomine, however, the problem is that I paid extra to access that world, and got basically nothing for my money. There is no new information, no new mechanics, and not even any information not available to the general public. Like I said in a previous post, the Wikipedia page for In Nomine has more accurate and detailed information, and that's publicly available. It would be much easier to run a game using the Wikipedia page rather than the Storium write up for the setting. So my basic question and source of my frustration is this : If the In Nomine write up on Storium has no new mechanics, no new information, and the information in it is publicly available with out buying the books, what exactly is it I paid money for?
wabishtar is offline   Reply With Quote